Twitter has released an iOS application called Vine, allowing users to capture six second videos and play them on loop. These videos display directly within the Twitter stream, with no need to follow a link to another site. Users can explore videos within the app by topic and add friends from their address book, Facebook, and of course, Twitter.
Brands might consider producing Vines to:
- • Create time-lapse or stop motion scenes
- • Display ingredients for a recipe
- • Show product development from beginning to end
- • Tease production of television episodes
- • Reveal secret offers that quickly flash on camera
- • Hold contests among fans to decipher what they’ve seen
The POV below introduces Vine and provides supplemental materials covering the other major players in the space, as there is no clear leader NMS recommends at this time.